Safety Solutions for Process Industries
IEP Technologies - a World Leader in Process Safety
AIRPLUS is the Western Canada contact for IEP Technologies, a world leader for creating solutions for process industries ensuring employee safety & business continuity.
Process Industry Safety
IEP Technologies utilizes a broad range of solutions to increase process safety throughout the whole set of applications involved in your process using both active and passive products.
Since 1956, IEP Technologies has been dedicated to enhancing safety in process industries, operating under a simple principle that every employee has the right to work in a safe environment. Each employee should to go home to their family every night in the same healthy condition in which they arrived at work.
The company is also focused on customer operations – including property, equipment and business continuity – against the threat of devastating explosions.
- Lumber Mills
- OSB Plants
- MDF Plants
- Plywood Mills
- Pulp & Paper Mills
- Mass Timber Producers
- Grain Elevators & Terminals
- Port Facilities
- Hygene Products
Process Industry in Canada
IEP offers innovative solutions to meet customer needs anywhere in Canada. These solutions are backed with the highest quality systems, parts and services to maximize the value of your IEP Technologies investment.
IEP Technologies Virtual Processing Facility
This video explains IEP Technologies safety enhancements for process industries a varied suite of technologies to help make processes safer to protect all employees, equipment and business continuity.
“ Today, IEP Technologies successfully suppresses 2 to 4 industrial explosions every month.”
IEP Process Safety Innovations
IEP Technologies can point to thousands of IEP systems installed over the last 60 years together with the unmatched expertise of their scientists and engineers and a vast database of explosion protection test results and practical applications. They have led the way with a number of notable innovations:
- The establishment of a testing facility and calibrated test method for precise and repeatable results to be used in design verification;
- The evolution of computer-aided design for protection of vessels through the determination of expected reduced explosion pressures for each vessel in a protected plant complex;
- The development of full-scale explosion protection trials to validate design support tools.
- The use of full-scale application design trials to provide data to quantify the reliability of system designs.
- The introduction of product innovations, such as a unique bimodal powder suppressant, a false activation immune dynamic pressure detector and multi-zone configurable control equipment;
- Advanced calculation tool for the design of connection protection – delivering clear guidance on the effective placement of isolation valves or chemical extinguishing barriers;
- Unique methodology for quantifying the performance (reliability) of explosion protection measures to improve system design robustness;
Brands We Trust
We offer the following explosion protection equipment and solutions:
- Firefly spark detection and extinguishing systems for pneumatic ducts & conveyors.
- Firefly Quick Suppression systems for machinery & space protection.
- IEP Active Explosion suppression for equipment & pneumatic process isolation.
- Vigilex Passive vents and for equipment & process protection.
- SEVO Novec-1230 for Data Centres
- MCC control room and Power Distribution Centre protection.
- Firetrace pre-engineered solutions for small space & cabinet protection.
- Advanced Fire Systems for building fire alarm detection & notification.
- inControl CO2 fire suppression for outdoor spaces & equipment.